Pay your property taxes and apply for the Home Owner Grant before the first business day in July every year to avoid a penalty. We recommend paying through your bank or signing up for monthly prepayment to take the stress out of taxes.
Search for "Sicamous" (taxes) as a payee and use your roll number found on your tax notice as the account number. Include the 348 but do not use spaces or punctuation. If not accepted drop the 348.
Pay your property taxes and utilities by credit card through Paymentus Corporation, a third-party-automated payment service that accepts Visa and MasterCard. Paymentus will charge a convenience fee of 2.5% of your tax or utility payment which will be added to your payment amount. This service is also available through an automated telephone system by calling 1-855-347-9799.
Take the stress out of paying taxes by setting up monthly prepayments. Simple interest will be paid on your prepayments at the Government of BC Interest rate on overpayment of taxes (prime lending rate less 2%). This interest is considered a tax discount by the Canada Revenue Agency and is tax free.
For more information, visit our Prepayment programs page.
The drop box is beside the door at the Main Street entrance. Payments via cheque or money order can be left in this deposit box. Remember to write your tax roll number on your cheque.
- Send a payment and the Home Owner Grant application (if applicable) to the District of Sicamous, PO Box 219, Sicamous, BC V0E 2V0.
- Write the roll number on your cheque and ensure that the cheque is payable to the District of Sicamous.
- Post-dated cheques are accepted.
- Mail lost or delayed by the post office will be assessed with a penalty if late, as the postmark will not be considered as the date of payment.
- Mail in a post-dated cheque early to avoid penalties.
- In the event of a postal disruption, please utilize alternative payment methods to ensure that payment is received by the due date.
Methods of payment accepted are:
- debit card
- money order
- post-dated cheque payable to District of Sicamous
Our hours of operation are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays).
Please ensure both your payment and your grant application are completed in full before seeing the cashier.
Use your original current tax notice to make payment at your local financial institution as some will not accept reprints.
Please note: Most banks are no longer accepting the Home Owner Grant application.
The District of Sicamous is not responsible for errors made by financial institutions. Follow up with your financial institution to find out more.
- If it is your mortgage company's intent to pay your property tax, a Mortgage Code will be shown on the top right of the property tax notice.
- The Home Owner Grant application (if applicable) must still be completed and returned to the District of Sicamous by the due date.
- Please ensure that your mortgage provider is aware whether or not you are claiming the grant each year.
- The District of Sicamous is not responsible for errors made by mortgage providers.