Allow for processing time:
- Online or telephone banking: please allow a minimum of 3 business days before the due date for your payment to reach our account. Penalty will apply if you pay after your financial institution’s local cut off time on the due date. Payments must be paid early enough to be received in the District’s account by the due date.
- In Person at financial institution: if you make a payment on the due date ask the teller if your payment will be processed on the same day. Payments made on or before the due date at a financial institution will be accepted.
- Payments by mail: please allow time for the mail to reach our office by the due date. Post marks are not accepted as date of payment.
- Semi-Annual Metered utility billings are applied a 1% per month penalty on outstanding amounts.
- Annual Flat Rated billings receive a discount if paid by March 1st each year. A 10% penalty is applied on unpaid balances after July 1st each year.
Once utilities are transferred to a tax account then payments must be made to the tax account. If you are paying online you will need to select the payee that includes the words “Sicamous taxes” and not the word “utilities” since you are now making a payment to your arrears tax account. To find the correct payee from your financial institution’s website, enter “Sicamous” and select from the options available. For more information see our Transfer to taxes FAQs.