Water Conservation - Indoors
Small adjustments to everyday routines can make a big difference when it comes to conserving water indoors. Try these water saving tips for yourself.
- Keep a jug of cool water in the fridge, instead of running the tap until it cools
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth or washing dishes
- Shorten your showers by two minutes
- Catch bath or shower water for tipping on patio planters
- Run full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher
- Install low-flow toilets as they account for a quarter of indoor water use
- When replacing appliances, choose low-flow, high efficiency options
- Check twice a year for leaks. See our water leak tips for more information.