You can access many public body records without making a request under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the Act). To determine whether you need to make a request under the Act or if you need help completing the form, contact the Information and Privacy Coordinator at the District of Sicamous: email@example.com
In this part of the form enter:
- your last name, first name and preferred title, if any;
- the name of the company or organization you are representing, if applicable;
- your complete mailing address and daytime and evening telephone numbers so that the public body can contact you about the request;
- an e-mail address, if any, where correspondence may be sent.
If you need help to find out what records the District of Sicamous has, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What kind of information are you requesting? Check general or personal information.
- If the record search and compilation will take more than 3 hours of staff time to complete, you will be provided with a fee estimate before processing begins.
- In order for the request to proceed, you must pay a 50% deposit.
- The records are provided when the fee is paid in full.
- You must provide proof of your identity before records containing your personal information are released to you.
- If you are requesting records for another person, you must provide proof that you have authority to act for that person (e.g. guardianship or trusteeship order, power of attorney).
- There is no fee for accessing your own personal information.
2. Check the appropriate box indicating whether you want to receive a copy of the record or examine the record.
1. What information are you requesting?
- Be as specific as possible in describing the records.
If you are requesting your own personal information, give:
- your full name;
- any other names that you have previously used; and
- any identifying number that relates to the records, such as your employee number, case number or other identification number.
If you are requesting another person’s information, give:
- the person’s full name;
- any other name that person may have used on the records; and
- any identifying numbers for the person, if you know them.
If you are requesting records for another person, you will have to provide proof that you have authority to act for that person.
2. Enter the time period of the requested records.(e.g. if you want records for the period January 1, 1998 to August 31, 2000, enter those dates. If you want records from August 1997 to present, enter “August 1997 to present.”)