District of Sicamous Council is the governing body of the municipality and is served by the elected Mayor and six Councillors.
- Mayor Terry Rysz
- Councillor Ryan Airey
- Councillor Colleen Anderson
- Councillor Gord Bushell
- Councillor Bob Evans
- Councillor Malcolm Makayev
- Councillor Jeff Mallmes
Council utilizes Research Portfolio Protocols as part of its corporate decision making structure. Through the use of portfolios, each Council member is assigned specific responsibilities for Strategic Priorities as determined by Council.
The purpose of a Municipal Council includes:
- Providing for good government of its community,
- Providing for services, laws and other matters for community benefit,
- Providing for stewardship of the public assets of its community, and
- Fostering the economic, social and environmental well-being of its community.
General Local Elections are held every four years in B.C. The next General Local Election will take place Saturday, October 15, 2022. The province provides useful resources for anyone considering running as a candidate. Learn more!