The District of Sicamous is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving a two-year term as a volunteer on the District of Sicamous Development Corporation Board of Directors. The District of Sicamous Development Corporation was created by the District to assist in promoting business and tourism throughout Sicamous and surrounding area.
Priority projects for the District of Sicamous Development Corporation will include:
- Promoting highway commercial development;
- Tourism destination marketing initiatives;
- Identifying industries and businesses for relocation or start-up within Sicamous;
- Exploring potential partnerships with Splatsin, the Splatsin Development Corporation, the City of Enderby, and other public and private entities;
- Identifying potential partners to create affordable housing options; and
- Strategic development of key sites.
Members of the volunteer Board of Directors will meet quarterly (January, April, July and September) for up to two hours to assist with general oversight, policy development, project overview, and financial review. Board members will receive orientation to their responsibilities and legal duties and are expected to actively participate in committees established by the Board. District of Sicamous Council will appoint Board members and the activities of the District of Sicamous Development Corporation will be supported by District staff.
Ideal applicants for the District of Sicamous Development Corporation Board of Directors will satisfy the following qualifications:
- Resident of Sicamous or surrounding area;
- Expertise and involvement in local business and/or tourism;
- Able to commit an average of three hours per month for a term of two years, with the possibility of renewal; and
- You are not disqualified to serve as a director of a corporation under section 124 of the Business Corporations Act.
Interested and qualified individuals should apply by sending a brief letter of interest outlining your qualifications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the following address:
Attn: Kelly Bennett
District of Sicamous
446 Main Street, P.O. Box 219
Sicamous, BC V0E 2V0
Applications must be received by September 16, 2022 in order to be considered.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
September 28, 2022
5PM | Council Chambers – Municipal Hall (446 Main St)
The District of Sicamous Development Corporation’s mandate is to help advance the District of Sicamous’ financial, social, business and community goals through the development of the District’s surplus land holdings, strategic acquisition of properties for redevelopment, and the acquisition of income generating properties.