Adoption Awareness Month
Posted On: Nov 01, 2022
November is Adoption Awareness Month, focused on raising awareness for adoption permanency in British Columbia and celebrating the families that provide children and youth with love and support as permanent members of their family.
Resources for families who are considering adoption in British Columbia:
- Ways to Adopt in British Columbia
- Provides information on adoption in British Columbia, such as infant adoption, relative and step-parent adoption, and adopting a child or youth from another country.
- Adopt BC Kids
- Online portal that provides British Columbians wishing to adopt children and youth from foster care with information and guidance through their adoption application.
- The Adoptive Families Association of British Columbia
- Provides information and support services for families who wish to adopt now or in the future.
Please join us in celebrating November as Adoption Awareness Month to recognize all the families that have provided children and youth with care, compassion and the commitment of a permanent home, and to all those who may do so in the future.