The District of Sicamous is looking for a fire chief!
Reporting to the CAO, the Fire Chief oversees the administration, direction and control of all aspects of the fire department.
- These responsibilities involve administration, fire suppression and fire prevention activities, including the District’s FireSmart program, ensuring compliance with local, provincial and federal fire regulations and District bylaws and policies.
- The Fire Chief develops, recommends and implements plans, policies and programs.
- The Fire Chief is responsible for preparing and monitoring annual and long-range operational and capital budgets.
- The Fire Chief is expected to provide advice, recommendations and reports to council as required.
- In this role, the Fire Chief exercises supervision over operations and all personnel involved while supporting fire safety and emergency preparedness programs for public education.
If you are interested in exploring this exciting job opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 4:30 p.m. on February 4, 2024.