UPDATE - August 14 - 18:15 Hours
Posted On: Aug 14, 2021
Shuswap Fire information
• High winds and changing temperatures beginning late afternoon, into this evening and overnight are a cause of concern for increased fire growth and behaviour on all the active fires in the Shuswap. This weather system is predicted to affect the area tonight and into Sunday.
• Currently there are no changes to Evacuation Orders or Alerts in the Columbia Shuswap Regional District.
• Anyone remaining in an Evacuation Order area should leave immediately. Do not put yourself, your family or other emergency responders at risk by staying behind.
• Residents in the Shuswap in Evacuation Alert areas should remain prepared to leave on short notice.
• You can find out if you are in an Alert area by using the Shuswap Emergency Program’s Mapping dashboard, located at www.shuswapemergency.ca. If you are still unsure if an Alert applies to you, this tool will allow you to type in your address and find out the status of your property.
• Residents in CSRD Alert areas are also asked to remain vigilant. Regularly monitor the CSRD website, www.csrd.bc.ca, the Shuswap Emergency Program’s (SEP) webpage at www.shuswapemergency.ca, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms or local news sources for up-to-date and accurate information. Or sign up for Alertable, the CSRD’s new emergency mass notification system at https://www.csrd.bc.ca/alertable
Tonight's update exceeds limits for Facebook and Instagram. To find out information on each specific fire, please go to the CSRD's website at: https://www.csrd.bc.ca/news-notices/news/2021-08-14/update-fire-situation-august-14-1815-hours