These challenging days for the Shuswap have been met with amazing community kindness and support. The District of Sicamous would like to thank all those who have volunteered, donated or provided support to evacuees and firefighters.
Local Support for Evacuees
- Sicamous Cares is a volunteer group collecting donations at the Red Barn Arts Centre (1226 Riverside Avenue).
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The last day will be August 30, 2023.
- For more information, contact Jessie Salm at 403-392-3398.
- The Eagle Valley Community Support Society is open to provide supplies for evacuees.
- Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- The District is reserving boat slips at the Main Street Landing Public Wharf for evacuees.
- Evacuees who require a boat slip are encouraged to contact District Bylaw Enforcement at 250-833-6952 or email@example.com.
How you can help!
- A donation collection centre is established at the Red Barn Arts Centre. It will be open daily from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Check the Sicamous Cares Facebook page for updated information on the resources needed.
- Volunteer to help sort donations at the Red Barn.
- Can you offer evacuees a place to stay? Sign up to offer accommodation to evacuees.
- Evacuee Resource List - what do evacuees need right now?
- The Shuswap Community Foundation has set up an Emergency Response Fund to assist community-based organizations during the Bush Creek East wildfire. Any donations (up to $25,000) will be matched by SASCU.
- Make your donation to the SCF "Emergency Response Fund" at any SASCU branch
- E-transfer firstname.lastname@example.org with a memo "SCF Emergency Response Fund"
- Donate directly to Emergency Support Services.
- Call 250-833-3369
Shuswap Emergency Program
The Shuswap Emergency Program is responsible for ensuring that residents of the District of Sicamous are prepared, safe and informed during these times. The Emergency Operations Centre is activated and Emergency Support Services is providing support to evacuees.
The Shuswap Emergency Program also provides preparation, safety and information for the City of the Salmon Arm and CSRD Electoral Areas C, D, E, F and G.
Questions about the Bush Creek E Wildfire response? Contact the Emergency Operations Centre at 250-833-3350.
Stay in the know:
- CSRD Facebook | CSRD Instagram
- Shuswap Emergency Program Facebook | Shuswap Emergency Program Twitter
- Shuswap Emergency Program website