Tomorrow, October 5th, is Advance Voting Day! The polling station at Municipal Hall (446 Main Street) will be open from 8:00AM until 8:00PM. Here is some information on what resident electors and non-resident property electors will need to bring with them to cast their ballot.
Non-Resident Property Electors
- 2 pieces of identification, at least one with a signature.
- Proof that they are entitled to register in relation to the property they own in the District of Sicamous.
- If there is more than one property owner, the non-resident property owner will need to produce written consent from the majority of the property owners.
- 2 pieces of identification, at least one with a signature. This must prove both identity and residency. Picture identification is not required.
Types of identification that will be accepted as identification include:
- a Driver's License;
- an Identification card such as
- a photo BC services card;
- a non-photo BC services card;
- an Owner's Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle License issued by ICBC;
- a BC CareCard or BC Gold CareCard;
- a Ministry of Social Development and Economic Security Request for Continued Assistance Form SDES8, (now "Monthly Form EA181);
- a Social Insurance Number card;
- a Citizenship Card;
- a real property tax notice;
- a credit card or debit card; or
- a utility bill such as electricity, natural gas, water, telephone or cable services.
Election officials MUST accept any of the above listed identification documents. An election official may also accept other forms of documents that provide evidence satisfactory to the election official (e.g. a valid, current passport).