The District of Sicamous Development Corporation’s mandate is to help advance the District of Sicamous’ financial, social, business and community goals through the development of the District’s surplus land holdings, strategic acquisition of properties for redevelopment, and the acquisition of income generating properties.
The District of Sicamous Development Corporation undertakes:
- Increasing the capacity of economic development opportunities for Sicamous and area;
- Acting as official entity for all economic development functions for the District;
- Real estate development projects on District-owned sites which help achieve the District of Sicamous objectives;
- Acting as a catalyst and facilitator to accelerate beneficial development throughout the District;
- Partners with the private sector on real estate development projects;
- Real estate consulting advice to help the District achieve its vision for the various neighbourhoods throughout the District; and
- Providing sustainable funding through annual dividend payment to the District of Sicamous once supported by revenue.